Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Quiet Week

I just returned from a few days out of town to this week's ads. I'm always a little excited when I get the new ads - "What is this week going to hold? What kind of deals are possible?" I suppose it's kind of silly to feel that way about grocery shopping, but when you're serious couponer like me, shopping is so much more than an errand....it's a little more like an adventure and competitive game (friendly, of course!) in one.

Oftentimes, there are enough deals to keep me making the rounds to many stores. Sometimes, the deals are outrageous enough for some serious stocking up (like last week). Sometimes, though, it's a "quiet week."

As I turn through the pages of this week's ads, I'm getting the sense that this will be one of those quiet weeks. There are a few really great deals, which I will feature this week, but for the most part I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of shopping....mostly just produce and meat, like every week.

I do enjoy the quiet weeks. It's a good time to use all the great stuff in my pantry and spend my time doing other more important things. I'll get to play with my kids a little more, and maybe do something a little extra to make my house the home I want it to be . Besides, I stocked up plenty last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment